Review of Evolution R210CMS compound mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of carpentry to do making planter boxes when we made our garden disabled friendly and decided to buy a mitre saw to speed up the process in case we got a second dose of COVID19. I wanted something basic capable of cutting 125mm wide decking boards so bought an Evolution R210CMS compound mitre saw from Screwfix for £59.99. It comes with a 3 year guarantee.

It is mains powered and weighs under 6kg with a 1200w motor. The blade diameter is 210mm and the blade will cut wood, steel, plastic and nail embedded wood.

Out of the box I set it up after watching a video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW2IKqYLxo0. It takes about ten minutes to set up and was fairly accurate out of the box but now tuned is very accurate.

I also watched Steve Ramsey on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HI_1bj4J1U showing a few tips to get extra depth capacity and set up stop blocks for repetition work which I used a lot in the project.

I bolted the saw to a piece of 18mm MDF with a batten underneath that I clamp in a Workmate so it is easy to set up in or out of the shed. It can be mounted on an Evolution folding stand with extension arms for an additional £54.99 but it works fine for me using the Workmate and a roller stand. I wear ear defenders because it is a bit noisy

Overall I am very satisfied with the saw and amazed really what it does for the cost. It has saved me many hours work and the accuracy has improved my satisfaction with the finished project.

Regards Keith

I've also got this saw, no complains, certainly for the money it is pretty good. However, almost from day one of using it I wished that I had spent a bit more money and got a sliding mitre as that would be able to cut larger pieces. I'd estimate for twice the money I'd use it 3 or 4 times as much, just a thought for anyone considering a purchase.

Latest posts

Back