Return to the workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Needed a footstool to desist crossing of legs whilst at the computer so got permission this morning from SWMBO for an hour in the workshop.

offcut of 6x2 resawn to 6x1ish on bandsaw.
Cleaned up with planer and smoothing plane.
dadoes cut on triton saw.

Next step get some more permission and complete.

footstoolweb.jpg

And thank you Adam for the beewax it's already been put to use.

ok boys and girls every one sing ,aint no stopping him now he's cut the grooves . \:D/ \:D/ dados dident sound right

LOL, Frank. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one, DW. Glad you were able to wheedle a workshop pass from TPTB. :wink: Just don't overdo it and get stoppage of leave for the forseeable. [-X

Cheers, Alf

:lol:

You're on form tonight, Frank :) . I didn't know you were old enough to remember that track; still got the white suit and gold medallion?

DW - you take proper care of yourself.

Gill

Had to revise the design of the footstool owing to a kickback on the veneered piece of chipboard when cleaning out dadoes. I had a kickback luckily the rear door was open and the piece sailed out into the garden. My heart never missed a beat :D

Under stool picture

stoolunder.jpg

Top stool picture with dimensions

stool2r.jpg

A= 12" b= 6 1/2" c= 16mm d=5 1/2" e=4 1/4" f= 8 5/8"

Pleased to report it is very comfortable for use at the computer and stopping the legs from being crossed.

now look what you have started dw everyone will want one now (if i cut a chunk off that big piece of mahogany i can make one as well)
gill,now look here girly i was into flower power free love and all that (but i never found any :evil: )did i tell you i used to drink in the same pub as the beatles :wink: :wink: and i dont feel a day over eerrr thingy

well i went into the shop and looked in the offcut box found some nice exotic off cuts and started to make a foot stool but i used rebates (rabbits) some glue and four screws and its under the putter desk and so cumfy for my feet .

i know you all want to know what exotic wood i used well it was pinus crapus , :wink:

Nice stool, DW.

Do take it easy. I know for myself that when I've been laid out for some reason I tend to get to thinking, "Gee, I feel pretty good. Guess I'll go do..." and before long I realize that, "Gee, I think I've over done it." Boredom starts taking its toll as well.

Take care, MikeW

Frank

Nice to learn someone has taken up the idea of the footstool, I bet when Philly sees this thread we will get a Cuban Mahogany job placed on show :)

Posting two other pictures to show the potential use for this stool.

tray.jpg

The cushion tray rests on the lap and the mouse works of the tray.

jjstool.jpg

MikeW":33cdxbfd said:
Nice stool, DW.

Do take it easy. I know for myself that when I've been laid out for some reason I tend to get to thinking, "Gee, I feel pretty good. Guess I'll go do..." and before long I realize that, "Gee, I think I've over done it." Boredom starts taking its toll as well.

Take care, MikeW

Take it easy :oops:
I had my first visit yesterday to whats called rehabilitation, I reckon I had a work out over 45 minutes that would tax an olympic trainer. Pulse at start nicely relaxed 72, at the end of 45 mins. 105.
Workshop is a doddle after that!

Back