Retro fit Mitre Saw Laser line

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheik Hans

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can give me sensible advice as to purchasing and fitting a laser guide to my Mitre Saw .. Is it worth the bother ? Ive seen the ones that fit as the locknut and any help locating a UK/ European supplier would be great .

I'm not buying a new saw the one i have is in great condition .

I guess it all depends on how you work but I never use the lasers on my mitre saw so personally wouldn't bother. To me the lasers obscure the line and don't seem an accurate way of making a cut, I just creep up to the line instead. I'm sure someone will be along with a different opinion though.

I don't care for the LASER guides, but my DeWalt saw has bright white LEDs that create a shadow line of both sides of the blade on the piece being cut. I think fitting a pair of LEDs somewhere near the top of the blade in the housing might be easier than attaching and aligning a LASER.

I don't care for the LASER guides, but my DeWalt saw has bright white LEDs that create a shadow line of both sides of the blade on the piece being cut. I think fitting a pair of LEDs somewhere near the top of the blade in the housing might be easier than attaching and aligning a LASER.
This, 100%. Never inaccurate, never needs adjusting, works for any blade. Wish my SCMS had this setup instead of the built-in laser (which although adjustable is impossible to get accurate).

Back