Restored Spanish Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin dwyer

Established Member
Reaction score
This was done years ago when I worked for a pine shop over in Windsor and unusual pieces like this would fly out of the shop, very rarely would my restorations last more than a week, I think the fastest would have been about 15 minutes. I love the way in which this is made, the rails' tenons have no shoulders, they just go straight into the motice. Always fancied making one of these but never got around to it. It looks a lot like pine but isn't, think it was olivewood.

Attachments

• spanishtable2.jpg
    spanishtable2.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 803
  • spanishtablecloseup.jpg
    spanishtablecloseup.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 802
Kevin

In my opinion that is plain ugly. I am amazed anyone would buy it but it takes all sorts and not everyone has the same taste.

Maybe it is now standing in Windsor Castle and I am the fool?

Mick

it's interesting, I was just given the table to repair and wax so it was the shop owners eye for such things. he gave me this box to restore - it only had the sides, back and front ... what do you think when someone asks you to repair a box that isn't there ? I worked for three of the shop keepers on the same street - the pine shop, the restorers and sometimes for a dealer.
boxukw.jpg

Attachments

• boxukw.jpg
    boxukw.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 728
Wow, that is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Glad for you that you can make a living off it though.

Aidan

Latest posts

Back