Restoration? Let's talk chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John...just off to the bootfair now and will have something else to look out for other than chisels...I can't believe I am about to ski a "wallet slope"!!! :mrgreen:

Jack...thanks mate...post some pictures of your restoration...it all helps encourage others to recycle!

Setch...this is especially true when the tools are heirloom pieces passed down from a loved one...well worth restoring on all sorts of levels. Please post some pictures if you can...as you can see this helps diagnose what action to take. I replace and restore quite a few handles...and you have a number of ways to go. What I didn't show on that WARD for instance is this (posted ages ago):

DSC_0688.JPG

...some rather ancient and risqué graffiti! Wonderfully primitive isn't it?

Unfortunately the other side needs a bit of a repair.....

DSC_0691.JPG

I may just leave it...but will have a think this morning and if I decide to go ahead with a graft...I will photograph the stages for you to decide what you want to do.

By the way...Meluish was a supplier and toolmonger....the full catalogue is here:

CLICK AND BE PATIENT!

You will be needing 386W Page 32..... 8)

See you after the bootfair!

Jim

The ride doodle is brilliant - very nicely rendered given the size and medium!

I'm picturing a Samuel L Jackson-esque - "Give me my chisel - it's the one with Yo Mama on it!"

Back