Resin Experts - Knowledge Needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petey83

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have a massive unopened 20g tub of roofing resin left over from putting a new roof on the workshop / garage. It works like an epoxy in that it's clear and needs to be mixed with a hardening agent and it smells like epoxy. My only thought is its not going to be deep pour friendly?

https://www.builderdepot.co.uk/cromar-p ... resin-20kg

Given its just sitting there and paid for i was wondering if it would work for a waterfall slab top or similar. Not really worked with epoxy resin before so any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

Is it polyester? If so it is similar to the water clear casting resin I use a lot, if you do a deep pour use less than the minimum hardner as it will create an exothermic reaction, get too hot and crack. try a sample in a pint sized plastic container and see what happens, will give you an indication of what to expect of a deep pour.

Lazurus":toiddure said:
Is it polyester? If so it is similar to the water clear casting resin I use a lot, if you do a deep pour use less than the minimum hardner as it will create an exothermic reaction, get too hot and crack. try a sample in a pint sized plastic container and see what happens, will give you an indication of what to expect of a deep pour.

Blurb on the website says it's Polyester. Also states it's low exo to allow thick sections with reduced risk of distortion. It does say it's approved for boat building and some of the videos I've seen on line use boat building resin.

Only issue may be that it's got a slight blue tint to it but I'd imagine this will be lost when pigment is added.

I'll order a new 1l of hardener as I've not got any of that left - £12 for a experiment that could save me £80-£90 seems with it.

Back