rescue chickens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cubs are driven away later in the year by their parents as their territory won't support them all. Thus the cubs have to drive off another Fox, or kill it and take its place, so every time you remove one there is likely to be a replacement ready to move in.

Exactly, which is why it's unusual for them to have seemingly disappeared round here. I know people in more urban areas who have paid to have foxes shot and trapped, it's expensive, and within a few weeks at most the foxes from neighbouring areas have moved in and taken their place! Interestingly the pest control people who make a living out of killing foxes often "forget" to tell you this.

Stop it! Stop it! :lol:

make a living out of killing foxes often "forget" to tell you this.

They are in the fortunate position of being like the Justice system, they have an endless supply of customers! Limited culling is akin to bailing out the ocean.
There was a report in the press today, (better not mention which paper! :lol: ) of an urban Fox killed that was some four and half feet long and some 35 and a half pounds in weight! That is considerably more than the 'normal' weight and exceeds the previous record by quite an amount.

Roy.

I was on the M25 a few month ago and the area I was driving through had a 2mtr+ high wooden fence with a top rail of 4x2" and a fox was tightrope walking this top rail in a stalking position, just like a cat would have done.

Yep! They can climb alright! I was reading some reprts recently on the affects on ground nesting birds since the ban, it's not good!

Roy.

Back