resawing parquet tiles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dokkodo

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry, boring quick question,

got about 14 sq metres of parquet to put down for a project where i need to lose as much weight as possible...

the tiles are currently 15mm, if i could get away with resawing off the back 5mm it will obviously reduce the total weight by a third and probably take as much or maybe even less time than scraping the bitumin off 1100 tiles. However, it will turn the tongue and groove into laps. will this make them prone to warp, even once stuck down? its going to be a very well insulated, warm space, with probably greater fluctuations in humidity than most interior spaces...

yikes, did not know that. its pretty sticky tacky stuff, it certainly doesnt pulverise on impact, so hopefully ill be ok?! definitely good to know before i send it all through a band saw though. ill do some research before doing any more.

If you are sawing them though you won't be disturbing the bitumen, you will only be cutting wood.

Back