Require a new Bench saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holdthemusic

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a new bench saw and wondered what people could recommend. Budget is up to £2000 but less if possible. Have been thinking about the Scheppach 2500Ci with all the trimmings. Any opinions would be welcome also good places to purchase.
Thanks

Hi Holdthemusic,

Welcome to the forum. :D

I don't know much about modern tables saws, I have an old Wadkin. I do like cast iron machines, so your choice is on the right track from my view point. 8)

hi with that sort of budget you shouldnt have much trouble with what ever you buy. ive fancied an excaliber not sure what they like tho?

Hi Holdthemusic
Welcome to the forum.

I have the Scheppach 2500CI, with the sliding table, Side extension, also have the micro adjuster on the the fence., I also have the Sheppach Dust Extractor, with the pleated filter

I know it cost a lot of money but I am well satisfied with it

Hi Holdthemusic and welcome to the nuthouse!

As Newbie_Neil says what will be it's primary use, it's hard to comment without knowing this?

Lee

holdthemusic":2k00bvof said:
Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a new bench saw and wondered what people could recommend. Budget is up to £2000 but less if possible. Have been thinking about the Scheppach 2500Ci with all the trimmings. Any opinions would be welcome also good places to purchase.
Thanks

I have the older version the TS2500 and I like it alot. There are a few other saws in this price range - perhaps you have a local dealer nearby that you can go and see/test them at?

Ada,

PS, given you are only round the corner from Axminster - you could try visiting their showrooms?

Adam

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. I've been madly busy so just getting round to replying.
I should've been a little more specific. It will mainly be used for cutting boards to size, mainly medium size cabinets but with the odd long work top. So large capacity is a must. Cross cutting and angled sliding table would also be required. Reliability and ability to cut up to 75mm+ would be necesary.
Accuracy is also a must.
I have looked in Axminster power tools, Rojek and Jet etc but a good friend recommended Scheppach and was after some more input. Thank you all for the replies!
Hi Lee, glad to see someone else in Somerset!

Well, managed to pick up a 2500CI with all the trimmings for £1125 all in. Have to say initial impressions are excellent. A pleasure to use compared to the tired old thing i've been using. Thanks to all for their opinions!

I got it from Yandles (Local wood merchant). Like you the best I'd found it was about £1600. To good to miss I thought.

Hello and welcom to the forum.

holdthemusic":276ssrku said:
It will mainly be used for cutting boards to size, mainly medium size cabinets but with the odd long work top. So large capacity is a must. Cross cutting and angled sliding table would also be required. Reliability and ability to cut up to 75mm+ would be necesary.
Accuracy is also a must.
If you are going for a table saw to do this you will need a long run-off table at the rear of the saw and some form of support at the front. You'll also need to be able to give the saw 5.5 to 6 metres x 3.5 metrs of floor space to accommodate the sheet stock. Anyone here tried the W/Master OP-201? I've just been offered one secondhand - cast iron table, smallish sliding carraige and most importantly a scoring unit (essential if you do a lot of veneered/melamine-faced boards) - and they seem to run out at about £1,600 new. One of the WW mags ran a test this month

Scrit

Hello Scrit ... I've had an OP201 for the past 18 months and am very pleased with it. It is very 'functional' in that much of it is un-plated but despite that it seems to have been accurately manufactured. I haven't invested in the scoring unit as yet but plan to next year. The only minus point, to me, is that the 250mm diameter blade can't be lowered to less than about 20 mm above the table. This wouldn't be a problem when scoring though, as one has to use a 200mm dia blade.
Cheers, David

Nice one on fleabay - have a look at Scrits post 'they don't make 'em...', this forum - Rob :roll: :roll: :wink:

Back