request : clamp cutter for my record 044

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo.wood

Reaction score
Hi there,
is there anybody who may want to help me and reproduce a clamp for my recently purchased record 044 ?
I don't have any skill on metalworking.
I'll pay for it of course.

Paolo

I should hang on to it until you've got another in case that has a bit missing too.
This one seems to be short of the nut retaining bolt which goes in sideways Vintage Record Plane 044 & Blades | eBay but otherwise OK
thank you Jacob it seems fine to me as well.
how do you see it's short ? do you mean it has short rods ? the one that I have has exactly the same length of rods.

thank you Jacob it seems fine to me as well.
how do you see it's short ? do you mean it has short rods ? the one that I have has exactly the same length of rods.
"short of" can also mean "without" - "senza"?
I meant the blade retaining bolt on the side. Blade is held by your missing clamp thing and a bolt on the side - mine is anyway but maybe they did different models?
PS and originally they came with a second pair of longer rods as extras. So it's short of long rods too!

Last edited:
"short of" can also mean "without" - "senza"?
I meant the blade retaining bolt on the side. Blade is held by your missing clamp thing and a bolt on the side - mine is anyway but maybe they did different models?
PS and originally they came with a second pair of longer rods as extras. So it's short of long rods too!
now I see.... my 044 has the bolt you said.

that one have no place for the side bolt I guess it's a little evolution.

thanks also for the English explanation I learned something new to me.

Back