Replacing tensioning rod for ferm 1007 scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingman56

Reaction score
I have tried to source this part online.
apparently ferm don’t supply spare parts.I believe entry level scroll saws are much the same.
can anyone advise where I can purchase the part.
thanks Dave.
l

I don't know this particular saw, sorry, but GUESS it's much the same as many others. Previously some people have apparently used a bicycle spoke with some success - available in various lengths from your local bike shop (or on line). Have a measure up and see if you can find something suitable.

If not I'm sure someone who does know your saw will be along soon.

And IF I'm correct it should also be a simple enough job for any local "handyman/hobbyist" given the necessary dimensions and - presumably - the screw thread info.

HTH

I don't know this particular saw, sorry, but GUESS it's much the same as many others. Previously some people have apparently used a bicycle spoke with some success - available in various lengths from your local bike shop (or on line). Have a measure up and see if you can find something suitable.

If not I'm sure someone who does know your saw will be along soon.dingman56

And IF I'm correct it should also be a simple enough job for any local "handyman/hobbyist" given the necessary dimensions and - presumably - the screw thread info.

HTH
thanks for your advice,I’ll get some threaded rod from my local diy,I should be able to make a new rod.

Hi, I may have what you need. I was having similar problems with my Aldi saw and asked on here how to fix it.
I was sent various bits and pieces and still have this tension rod as shown in the attached pic.
The length under the little plastic bit at the top is 160mm and the diameter is 0.486mm. Quite a fine thread, could be 5mm but I couldn't say as I can't find the thread gauges.
You can have this if it is any good.

Attachments

• blade_tensioner.jpg
    blade_tensioner.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
Hi, I may have what you need. I was having similar problems with my Aldi saw and asked on here how to fix it.
I was sent various bits and pieces and still have this tension rod as shown in the attached pic.
The length under the little plastic bit at the top is 160mm and the diameter is 0.486mm. Quite a fine thread, could be 5mm but I couldn't say as I can't find the thread gauges.
You can have this if it is any good.
Hi Don.
thanks for your post,
I think the rod may solve my problem “hopefully”if you would send it to me at 654 Huddersfield rd,carrbrook,stalybridge,Cheshire sk15 3py.tel 07581188834.an I will be happy to refund the postage cost.
many thanks
Dave.

Hi Dave,
All packed up and ready for the post, I should get up there today.
As I said, the rod was one of many pieces I received through this forum (some time ago) and I think it was sent from the Orkney Isles (the donor's name escapes me at the moment). It was sent freely and this is why I am posting to without charge, it helps us all. If it doesn't do the job, hang on to it until someone comes along with the same request, easy eh.
take care
Don W

Hi Dave,
All packed up and ready for the post, I should get up there today.
As I said, the rod was one of many pieces I received through this forum (some time ago) and I think it was sent from the Orkney Isles (the donor's name escapes me at the moment). It was sent freely and this is why I am posting to without charge, it helps us all. If it doesn't do the job, hang on to it until someone comes along with the same request, easy eh.
take care
Don W
dingman56
thanks Don
look forward to receiving it,hope it does the job.
stay safe
Dave.

Safely posted yesterday afternoon and I got a Certificate of Posting just in case. It says delivery within 3 days so I expect you should receive it sometime this week (23rd - 27th Nov)
take care
Don W

Hi Don
recieved the the part ok,after some modifications I managed to repair my saw.
Can get on with my Christmas decorations,if there is anything I can do for you anytime please let me know
Many thanks.and a merry Christmas
Dave

Back