Replacing laminated flooring after cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cone

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a carpenter install a winder staircase that came in 3 pieces. The room at the top of the stairs had already laminated flooring down. The carpenter couldn't get the last piece of staircase in until he cut away some of the flooring and now there's a 900x 350mm square cut out of the laminated flooring.

Is it possible to get the last piece of laminated in, in both sides without having to lift all one side out back to the skirting and start again connecting each piece untill I get the last row in.

A photo or two might help, especially of the locating profile, and of the area in question, showing the orientation of the profile ( i.e tongue towards stairs or away from )

If it's the clic type you may need to plane or chisel off the little nib on the tounge to get it in easily and you'll need a bit of PVA to hold it as you've taken the nib off.

Get the carpenter back......

Yes, I was thinking this but he talked me into agreeing it with him and if I ask to come back, it'll be a stand off. Just taking this one on the chin and do it myself.

A photo or two might help, especially of the locating profile, and of the area in question, showing the orientation of the profile ( i.e tongue towards stairs or away from )

Will do later

Latest posts

Back