Replacement switch for Kity 613 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taniwha

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post but I have been lurking a while.

On the back of past threads I have recently picked up a tidy 1991 Kity 613 bandsaw. Bandsaw Essentials DVD ready to watch and a phone call to Tuffsaws to follow.

I knew the saw needed a little work. The frame, tyres, motor and bearings are all good, and it runs and cuts if you spin the wheel arms to get it going - but not using the on/off switch.

Many good tips in past threads has sorted out most issues, so a big thank you to those who have contributed to past Kity threads. Capacitor had blown, replaced it, thoroughly cleaned the switch unit but it appears to be seized.

In terms of skills remove switch and replace like for like I can manage, but I am not up to testing/diagnostics or modifications, nor do I know what I should be looking for in terms of swich spec. I am hoping for some advice about sourcing a suitable switch with the appropriate safety features, either a complete unit or just the switch mechanism that sits under the on/off buttons.

Plan B is a trip to Sawtec in Eastleigh but that seems likely to cost more than the price of the rest of the saw from what appears to be a simple job - if one starts with the right parts.

Thanks in advance and hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction

Mark

I had the same problem a few years ago. I took the block with the terminals out (having first made a note of which wire went where) so that I could get a closer look at it. From the markings on it I was able using the internet to establish the maker which turned out to be a German firm (can't remember the details and I sold the saw some years ago). I got in touch with them and was able to buy a new component from their UK representatives for, if I remember correctly, about £25. At that time NMA Agencies were still stocking Kity spares and wanted £85 -£90 for the same part. With my diagram, fitting the new part was easy and it restored the switch to full working order. Sorry I can't be more specific but it was quite a long time ago.

Jim

Thank you Jim
Switch maker is called Tripus and still trading
I'll give that a crack on Monday
Mark

Back