• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Replacement Rob Cosman/IBC A2 Irons For Stanley/Record Bench Planes SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
There are two lots for sale here.

1. An unused Rob Cosman/IBC matched chip breaker and A2 iron for a 2" Record or Stanley bench plane, ie a number 04 or 05. This is £70 including mainland GB postage, which compares to the new price of £93 plus postage.

2. An unused Rob Cosman/IBC matched chip breaker and A2 iron, plus a second spare A2 iron, for a 2 3/8" Record or Stanley bench plane, ie a number 04 1/2, 05 1/2, 06, or 07. This is £110 including mainland GB postage, which compares to the new price of over £155 plus postage.

IBC manufacture A2 plane irons for Veritas. Their irons are absolutely superb, I use Lie Nielsen, Veritas, and Karl Holtey planes in my workshop and these IBC irons are fully equal to any of them. In fact I keep an old Stanley Bedrock 06 with an IBC iron and chip breaker permanently set up in a "close cap iron" configuration for planing awkward grain, I've used it for five or six years now, it's a magnificent tool and a real pleasure to use.

You can find out more about these irons plus chip breakers here, make sure you watch the YouTube video, I can vouch from first hand experience that the shavings and performance demonstrated are exactly what I get.

https://www.classichandtools.com/ac...ed-Blade-and-Chipbreaker-Set-IBC.html#SID=752

IBC-01.jpg

IBC-02.jpg

IBC-03.jpg

IBC-04.jpg

IBC-05.jpg

Last edited:
PRICE REDUCED

The 2" is now £50 including GB postage (versus £93 new)

The 2 3/8" plus spare iron is now £80 including GB postage (versus £155 new)

And if you buy both the price is just £100!

Back