replacement Makita batterys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred55

Established Member
Reaction score
A subject I have very little experience in - Replacement batteries (PA14; 14.4volt). One of my battery packs for Makita Drill has failed not bad after 15/16 years. I would like a new battery but since they are both pretty old will replace both - The double drill pack cost £79 15 years ago - new Makita batteries cost £50/55 x two !! seems expensive; has anybody experienced good/bad of the alternatives packs £15/25. Or do I wait for a deal and buy new drills !!

I just got rid of my 14.4v Makita stuff, new Li-ion tech means I can have more power and longer runtime in a much smaller and more compact package.

I have had a couple of Makita 18v drills for many years. Two years ago I bought two compatible batteries and they are still working fine. Old tech but still do the job.

Thanks for replies - have decided to purchase 1 replacement battery cell to see how it goes.

Mistake number ! - just noticed I've ordered from China ! well see if it comes, if it works ! will report later.

I bought two of the red flouron batteries from ebay for my makita drill. Cant fault them. As good as the originals at half the price.

Thanks, good to know as my 12V Makitas are showing their age, yes, like their owner.

:D

Pete

Final report - and good result - received my replacement battery from China (£21; PA 14) ! so to ease my concerns weighed it: same weight, it came charged so almost drained it charged it up: no problem. My conclusion Chinese equipment is better than I thought, hope it lasts as long as the original 15yrs.

Final final report 1 of my replacement batteries packed up after 3 year DBK not too; good the other one CREABEST is a good as new - both made in china ?

I bought replacement PA14 batteries, total waste of money, should have upgraded to LiIon and a new drill, they lasted a few months

Aidan

Just something to watch for anyone picking up on this thread.
Older drills were Nicad cells, these are I think now outlawed in the UK , perhaps wider.
Replacements purchased are likely to be NiMH and these have a rather different recharge characteristic so may ‘survive’ the old chargers, or not!
If the replacement are Lithium ion cells, be VERY careful as they will NOT like the old charger and fire may result !
Having said that, I too have purchased aftermarket cells,and, in the main, these have worked ok.......better than sending the tools to landfill.

Back