Replacement for 1/4" Katsu router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porker

Established Member
Reaction score
My Katsu 1/4" router has finally gone bang - actually a lot of sparks and crackles out of the top and it looks terminal looking at the commutator. Before this I was very happy with it and used it a lot to put roundovers and small routing jobs. I need to replace it as although I have several other routers I like this type as they can be used single handed. I can't make up my mind whether to get another Katsu as they are very cheap or splash out a bit more on something like the Bosch GKF600 or the Makita it copied. I didn't invest in the plunge base or other bits so this isn't a reason in itself to go for the Makita .

Don't really want to spend more than about £120. Any thoughts?

Just get another Katsu.

How long did this one last? Estimate replacing it 4 x that length of time before you've got to you £120 max..

Get another Katsu - Amazon had them at pretty good price a couple of weeks ago? - and I'd buy the clear square base (not the the plunge) - Banggood has them for about £6 (mine is on the way here)

Back