Replacement firepit bowl?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbulldog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,
We bought a firepit kind of thing (metal circular frame with ceramic tiles around the outside) a few years ago. It had a circular firebowl. Through my own neglect the bowl has rusted through. I've been looking for a replacement bowl for a while but can't find one anywhere.
Just recently found an exact replica of the firepit on Amazon for a couple of hundred quid.
Thought about buying it but would rather get the bowl replaced, if financially viable, rather than replace the whole thing.
So, question is, anyone know anywhere that would supply the firepit bowl?

Hey,
We bought a firepit kind of thing (metal circular frame with ceramic tiles around the outside) a few years ago. It had a circular firebowl. Through my own neglect the bowl has rusted through. I've been looking for a replacement bowl for a while but can't find one anywhere.
Just recently found an exact replica of the firepit on Amazon for a couple of hundred quid.
Thought about buying it but would rather get the bowl replaced, if financially viable, rather than replace the whole thing.
So, question is, anyone know anywhere that would supply the firepit bowl?
I rescued one of these last year. Sounds just like yours. I treated both sides of the bowl with rust cure then lined the bowl with fire cement...works a treat.

I still have the steel drum of a long deceased washing machine , with three legs welded on, in my garden. That worked fine for me.

The bowl is about 700mm diameter

Looks like this.

Attachments

• 16222972468414001156403284470741.jpg
    16222972468414001156403284470741.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 23
They sent me an email flyer the other day fortuitously, I briefly noticed there was a restricted range of them while deleting it.

Get a harrow or ploughshare blade from your local agricultural supplier and cut it down to size if necessary.. the blades are usually 20mm thick and 400/500mm in diameter. might not be as dished as your fire pit was, but here in South Africa that is used for fire pits and braais (Barbecue) ( the disc used in disc plough)

A stainless mixing bowl would be dandy, as it wouldn't rust. But it would also be expensive.

I rescued one of these last year. Sounds just like yours. I treated both sides of the bowl with rust cure then lined the bowl with fire cement...works a treat.
Looks lie the missus wants to get another one of the same type from Amazon so I'd be interested to know what rust cure and fire cement you used. Cheers.

If you're willing to keep the fire pit covered (to avoid the contents getting wet), you can just use sand.

I have a deep bowl fire pit after having had two of the cheap shallow bowl types (They burned out in two years each) and the instructions suggest buying a cover and lining the bottom with play sand. I have no idea how long it will last, but it's four years old so far and with nothing more than mild surface rust on the sides. I'd guess a dozen or 15 years.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but these people have a good range of fire bowls. We recently bought a Kadai bowl from them and are pleased with it. Like a lot of suppliers at the moment they do have availability problems depending on what you want.
https://www.blackcountrymetalworks.co.uk/garden-wood-burners.htm
+1 for kadai however I would recommend getting the cover or following the care instructions of oiling regularly as mine has disintegrated into a pile of rust after around 5-6 years.

They are great though, I like a bit of caveman cooking and have cooked legs of lamb, curries etc over it, they are very versatile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210531-214935_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210531-214935_Photos.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 2
Maybe slightly removed from the original topic, but last year I made up a fire pit liner for one of our site managers using cement boards (we have a lot of offcuts). He reports that it works a treat

Looks lie the missus wants to get another one of the same type from Amazon so I'd be interested to know what rust cure and fire cement you used. Cheers.
Sorry for late reply...only just seen your question. I used some rust curing stuff my lad had knocking about. Neither of us can remember what it's called but it works just like the KuRust stuff you can buy in most places which I've used in the past...paint it on, it dries hard and solid. The stuff I used dried a very dark blue so I painted it with black Stove Paint The fire cement was from Toolstation..£3.15 for a kg tub, 2 tubs were more than enough.

Latest posts

Back