Replacement Drive

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
I have one of these. Probably getting on twenty years old now and needs replacing.
Its a lithium battery you just pop back in the holder anytime to recharge.
It has a strong torque and stops when you bottom out then allows you to get another half turn on the screw.
20210415_152353.jpg

I have an impact driver but its much too harsh ..the speed control on the switch is difficult to control.
Can anyone recommend a similar replacement with a slow set roatation and good torque?
Mike

The current offering from Hikoki looks half decent. Other than I'd be tempted to a small Metabo or Bosch drill / driver. Metabo used to do kits of screwdrivers with different driver heads, like 90 degree or offset which are incredibly useful. Makita do a variant of the Hikoki design type or there is the standard single barrel type like Bosch which looks like a good bit of kit.

Ill take a look at those.....
I think I was spoiled because that one I have is one of the first they brought out. I bought my Father in law a Bosch that was in a tin box that looked the same when in actual fact it was the reverse engineered one, smaller in the hand and rather flimsy.

Back