Replacement CXS drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazed

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it's finally happened. My old much loved CXS drill has finally died after many years. I'm not sure if it was the drop from the 3rd floor onto concrete that did it, but after it bounced over a low wall it fell spinning for another 60ft into a car park. Chuck nowhere to be found, shaft busted, casing smashed and battery missing. It just isn't worth repairing.
I've taken a look around and can't find a CXS in stock anywhere. I was loaned a Milwaukee sub-compact to finish the job and while it has more power I just don't like it, either fit in the hand or the stupid reverse switch.

Do I wait for another CXS or is there something newer that folks like? Needs to be a small assembly type drill with RA adaptor for cabinet assembly.

Love my little CXS, it doesn't get used as a drill just as a driver, spends most of it's life without a chuck on, just a bit in the end of the shaft.

It might have an old fashioned brushed motor, be underpowered compared to others and it's batteries don't fit anything else (apart from TXS) but I would wait and get another 👍

I see I could get a TXS from Screwfix. I've looked at one of the Bosch Flexclick 12v drivers but the nose seems quite fat. Getting into some cabinet corners looks harder even with the edge adaptor, it makes it a much longer package. So despite the brushless siren call and the higher speed for drilling I think I'll hang on for a CXS! The design must be at least 15/16 years old.

I have the TXS and really like it, especially the right angled chuck adaptor....Useful in tight spaces which happens quite a lot due to the type of work that I do.
I did look at the CXS at the time of purchase but I already had the C15 and preferred the T shape rather than the C shape in the hand.

Back