replacement belts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello there,
Can anyone give me an idea where I can find replacement drive belts?
My woodworking machine is a Zinken Compact 21 Type 79 bought in 1981.
The planerbelt is starting to split and needs replacing ( it measures 96 cm x 25 mm x 1.5 mm). I bought the machine from Sumaco but cant find any reference to the machine or the company now and probably need to seek an alternative belt supplier.
Do any of you experts have any addresses -thanks
Philip

I had a similar problem with my Kity, I got the replacement belts made-up, Address not much use as I am in Ireland, but it was a local engineering supplies company that sorted it for me, look under rplacement hydrolic hoses & such like in the yellow pages.

HTH
Les

Hi Philip

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will be along with a suggestion soon.

Which part of Notts are you in?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Philip, don't know if there is a size to suit your application but try Fenner Power Twist link belts. Many advantages over the usual Vee belt - build up to your required size, smoother running and almost no vibration, no memory (the pulleys will not form a curve at each end and contribute to noise and vibration) and longer lasting.
I've been using then for a few years and would never go back to regular belts. Got mine at http://www.wyko.co.uk/ Should be a branch near you. Maybe about £5 per ft, but well worth it.

Noel

Many thanks for your suggestions , the lathe company near Buxton looks a good bet, not too far away.
cheers
Philip

philip said:
Hello there,
Can anyone give me an idea where I can find replacement drive belts?
My woodworking machine is a Zinken Compact 21 Type 79 bought in 1981.
The planerbelt is starting to split and needs replacing ( it measures 96 cm x 25 mm x 1.5 mm). I bought the machine from Sumaco but cant find any reference to the machine or the company now and probably need to seek an alternative belt supplier.
Do any of you experts have any addresses -thanks
Philip

Dear Philip, I was in search for information about Zinken Compact 21 and came on this forum. Made me member and here is my message. Your message was not posted yesterday, so I do hope you are in good health and stil on the forum.
I always dreamed to work wood, but no time. Now I am retired and I received this machine from an old fellow. It was stored for several years in his garage. I refurbished the machine and could alreaddy do a great job with the saw (bought new blade) and the planner (new knives). I don't have anny information about the machine and I guess some parts are missing. I don't understand the operation of the cutter. The spindle (diam 30mm) can't be raised high enough to apply a cutterblock. Was this machine assembled in a wrong way? Can you please provide me with some information about the machine? Direct or via this forum. I made some pictures of the machine if you like I send them.
Kind regards,

Frans

Back