Replace table saw with bandsaw and track saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from sheets what does the table saw do that a bandsaw don't.

Please bear in mind, I have never been in the same room as a band saw, never mind used one.
Bandsaws are what you use when you can't do it with your track saw or table saw. I've never had one that wasn't a bit of a pain in one way or another

If you're cutting a lot of 8x4 sheets then you might be better off as you are although of course it's always worth thinking of different ways of doing stuff (e.g. can you get cut sheets delivered?)
Good point, I've been working like this for over 20 years now. So it's not bad. My "shop" at present is the smallest I've ever had, big enough, just.
I've done a few minor changes recently to save space, which I wouldn't have bothered about if I had more elbow room.
I cut sheets, if not daily, at least every other day.
I could get sheets pre cut, but that would take away the versatility of having full sheets and also complicate storage somewhat.

I have a track saw, table saw capable of ripping full sheets and a 16” bandsaw. I use all three for differing tasks and have the room to use them all, but if I HAD to ditch one, it would be the table saw. The last to go would be the band saw, it is probably the most versatile saw I use for the type of woodworking I enjoy.

I do like the repeatability of setting a fence of the table saw and ripping up to 26” wide cuts consistently, instead of using the band saw where I have to cut a section off to leave the 26” or the track having to constantly measure for repeat cuts.

Last edited:
Back