REPAIRED ======= It was all going so well then OPPS!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1661.jpg
OK

After Gordon's encouragement to sort this out

I Have :mrgreen:

Opened up both splits and run lots of wood glue down the splits , then clamped it together with 2 jubilee clips , left over night to dry , and the finished the design.

I ended up with this

9" tall

2 1/2" diameter

( PS: DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT THIS HAS EVER BEEN NEAR A LATHE :twisted: ) also done :lol: :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_1662.JPG
    IMG_1662.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 508
Blister":qk616v9x said:
OK

Very nice Allen but where is all the piercing, texturing and colouring I expected from a proper rescue job???

gus3049":gdit5rie said:
Blister":gdit5rie said:
OK

Very nice Allen but where is all the piercing, texturing and colouring I expected from a proper rescue job???

Not part of the original design and the repair is hard to find , so left it alone :)

Well done, nice looking piece.

Well, I am glad you are more even tempered than me. When turning goes wrong I have tendency to have a fit and hurl the offending article across the workshop :oops:

I have been trying to be a bit more chilled and its amazing how much stuff that goes wrong can actually end up adding something. I had a piece the other day with woodworm - hoped to turn them out but no way. It was quite a battered piece of wood with light spalting and water staining and actually it turned out fine - looked like it was very old. Microwaved the woodworm and filled the holes. Somebody bought it straight away, loved the aged look.

Must try harder to save pieces when they go wrong.

BM

Back