Renovating a Minton Tiled Floor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
in the passage of my new house (a late victorian terrace) under the carpet is a lovely tiled floor. The tiles look in good nick although some need re-setting. They are quite dirty and the carpet was stuck down with double sided tape which has made a mess. Although this is not a chippy question has anyone any experience of renovating such a floor. Advice would be very appreciated.
hh.

Hi HH,

Have a look in 'Care & Repair of Period Houses' by Albert Jackson & David Day. Its got a section on flooring. I don't want to quote from it as you would need to check your floor against the types there are - you don't want to do anything you can't fix! ISBN is 0-00-414035-4 published by Collins. Your local library might have one - If you're like me, I like to 'road-test' a reference book before buying - if I find I don't want to send it back to the library, then its on the shopping list.

Just looked on the Collins website (www.collins.co.uk) - there's a new book called 'Collins Period House' due out 4th April - it may be the updated version of mine.

Col.

Back