Renewing Bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenboy-01

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi my lathe is a Tyme Cub and I suspect the bearings need replacing, is there anyone who can who can advise on the (How To) ?.

Regards Ken

I took one of these apart once but it was quite a few years ago so I can't remember the specifics! I managed it with basic tools and a bearing puller. With most lathes you have to loosen the spindle pulley to allow the spindle to be withdrawn.

If you can't figure it out. You're welcome to bring it here in the Forest of Dean and I will help you take it apart.

I went & had a look & I don't believe there to be a bearing problem. Ken has now mounted the lathe on a more substantial table & vibration problem seems to be resolved.
Thank you for the offer. I'm sure Ken appreciates it. That's the great thing about this forum, the folks that step in with their help.

Sorry for the late reply, but just to say to you Paul, I thank you for your kind offer but reading the post from Robbo you will see the problem is resolved .

Ken

Back