Remove long throw gate lock? (Perry)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get these off a door once they are attached? Removing the screws is not enough. It has the black handle/escutcheon thing on the front, and that won't come off either....

lock and handle.jpg

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
Good question, and I can't find out because I don't know how to get the bolt off either!

Last edited:
I have fitted one or two of those and I'm sure they only screwed on although the ones I fitted didn't have the handle part on the outside.

I do remember you were supposed to use a 26mm bit to drill the hole for the cylinder which is a bit of an odd size, maybe someone used a 25mm or 1" bit and forced the cylinder in so it's got a bit tight?

Fitting instructions here

https://ironmongerydirect-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/product-documentation/fittings/547772.pdf

I fitted one just last week - just undo the 4 screws on the black plate of the lock unit - then, using a mallet, tap the brass barrel from the other side and it should come out (the hole size on the fitting instructions is very tight - I had to bash the lock through to fit it) The black handle and brass disc are both just screwed to the face of the door, slipping over the brass barrel - again a tight fit. The retaining "top hat" obviously just unscrews from the foor frame.

The comment about the drill bit size is apposite - I used a 25mm Forstner and "worried it bigger" with the drill and then used a Surform round file to ease the size - but still tight.

Back