Removable section in worktops.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Fitting some laminate worktops. There is a 1m long piece at the end of a long run which will need to be removable because there is a boiler underneath which needs access from above, the loose section will have to pull out towards you because it cuts around pipe casings. The loose section is full depth of the worktops so it's basically a 3m length of worktop with a 1m removable piece added on the end.

Probably daft question but do I just put the laminate edging on the end of both tops where they butt together or is there a better method that I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance, Doug

Nothing I've ever seen but if you haven't started the casework you could have two levels. The long top butting to the end cabinet and the higher 1m top overhanging. It's a work station for a taller person to work at. :wink:

Pete

Pete, thank you for that idea.

It's an existing kitchen which has had an old range replaced with a boiler so having new worktops to brighten it up a bit and sort the end where the range used to be. I have to work with what is already there in cabinets but as you suggest it might be better trying to make a feature of it rather than trying disguise it.

Back