Remote control plug

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put this together
945B906D-F47F-49B0-B7E7-66083EC4F144.jpeg
D15B13FC-4A17-47D4-8BC9-7CE7AB2E2A57.jpeg

It automatically switches extractor on and also can activate with a remote both with a 10 second delay off.
I’m in the process of making my whole extraction system automatic, opening blast gates when activate a tool.

For sound proofing use 100mm Rockwool Flexi Slab Acoustic Insulation 1.2m x 600mm - 4.32m2 | Roofing Superstore®
I used to install sound proof rooms and enclosures this is what was used. Leave the rockwool exposed or put perforated sheet material on the inside of the housing, it will help absorb the sound and stop reverb too.
Thanks. How much ventilation would it need to stop motor over heating?. Obviously need a vent for exhaust. Trying to decide best waterproof material to build it out of?

Those RF plugs are old technology. I use the TP-Link Tapo P100 via my Alexa Echo Dot - "Alexa, turn on the extractor". No need for a remote control and nothing to be interfered with. I also have a schedule that turns off everything in the workshop every hour in case I forget to turn something off. I had those remote sockets before and would never go back.

"Alexa, turn off the extractor. Alexa.... I SAID ALEXA TURN OFF THE... oh never mind...[click]"
(Sorry - couldn't resist. Your extractor is probably quieter than mine! :p)

Scott
I bought an IVAC and everything works ok if you are interested I might have the person's phone no who would be able to explain things a lot better than I could Mock

Back