Remote control plug

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
My remote plugs will not work on my AXMINSTER CRAFT AC118CE CYCLONE DUST EXTRACTOR are there cheap remote plugs that will run my 1.5kW (2hp) motor? Mock

Well how's your luck. Just going to build a sound deadening box for my vac and fit a dust deppidy contraption today. I cut the mdf yesterday and was looking at the switch and wondering about extending it to the box and lookie here!
Problem solved. Thanks Mock. Thanks Doug and Phil.
Result!

Doug my Dewenwils will not work with my axi I have the one with the chocolate bar remotes I don't know if they are different in any way. Phil the ones you recommended are out of stock so hopefully ill have more recommendations thanks, Guys Mock

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 7
I assume these remote plugs won’t work with a NVR switch?

I was just about to ask if that extractor had a NVR as you will need to mess with the extractor wiring to make a remote switch work.

I’ve used the Byron Home Easy sockets for years. They do a 3kw model (HE330). Never had any problems.

I had a couple of these in the shop on dust collection systems, and 3 or 4 times over 5 years I would arrive in the shop in the am and find one or other running. Obviously some kind of interference, but never did figure it out.

eric

So it plugs into existing socket and the appliance plugs into it? Then use the remote to switch on/off?

Yes that is how it works. You need to leave the appliance turned on hence why they don't work with things that have an NVR switch.

If you stick with one brand they can often be programmed so that one remote works maybe 3 sockets or different remotes work the same socket.

I have heard one or two reports of people coming in to their workshop to find something running which has mysteriously turned on but I always unplug everything when I leave.

Yes that is how it works. You need to leave the appliance turned on hence why they don't work with things that have an NVR switch.

If you stick with one brand they can often be programmed so that one remote works maybe 3 sockets or different remotes work the same socket.

I have heard one or two reports of people coming in to their workshop to find something running which has mysteriously turned on but I always unplug everything when I leave.
Thanks Doug. I can't think of anything else apart from Vac I'd use one for? All other stuff has easy access switches. I'm planning on building a small housing outside for the vac to reduce noise. What material would you recommend?

Those RF plugs are old technology. I use the TP-Link Tapo P100 via my Alexa Echo Dot - "Alexa, turn on the extractor". No need for a remote control and nothing to be interfered with. I also have a schedule that turns off everything in the workshop every hour in case I forget to turn something off. I had those remote sockets before and would never go back.

I use the TP-Link Tapo P100 via my Alexa Echo Dot - "Alexa, turn on the extractor"

An alexa in the workshop is handy for radio. This is a good idea as well - I already have several TP-Link adapters, but not on my vac at the moment. A couple of years ago I knife and forked a little device out of the guts of the remote controller for one of these remote plugs, a sound activated switch and a gubbins to turn a constant switch signal to a momentary pulse. This sound-activates my vac from whichever tool I place my device near. Tool running - vac on, tool off, vac off. - triggered by noise level. Not very sophisticated but works well enough.

An alexa in the workshop is handy for radio. This is a good idea as well - I already have several TP-Link adapters, but not on my vac at the moment. A couple of years ago I knife and forked a little device out of the guts of the remote controller for one of these remote plugs, a sound activated switch and a gubbins to turn a constant switch signal to a momentary pulse. This sound-activates my vac from whichever tool I place my device near. Tool running - vac on, tool off, vac off. - triggered by noise level. Not very sophisticated but works well enough.
That sound like a product that needs to exist.

Back