remote control, hydraulics?...or electric motors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am completely baffled at the moment...

I want to create a small cabinet that will site under the windowsill in my bedroom...simple enough, but here comes the tricky part...

I want there to be a swing down door that holds the cd player on....again simple enough...but....i want to be able to control that door by either a remote control, or a button/switch of some sort....

I have absolutely NO idea about this, hence i have turned to you clever clogs :wink:

I'm not sure if hydraulics is the correct thing or what :roll:

Maybe something like the things for car boots....but i don't want to manually open it....

Any ideas?

Ta

Tom

*Edit: Ive just had a thought.....maybe an electric motor would be better :oops: ...... ive searched google but no luck finding a supplier of electric motors.....

Try a car electric window winder from a scrap yard. a small transformer shouldn't be too expensive.Don't forget to get the switch from the door as well.Or a small motor with pyjama cord(very strong and will run evenly).

ummmmm..... yeaa... you could do it with hydraulics... but in this instance I wouldn't recommend it... needs motors n pumps n valves n valve control circuits n plumbin n ......och... a ton o mess you dinna want near a CD player... ;)

<builds control systems for remote operated vehicles..

thanks for the replies.....

If i were to use an electric car window winder, what would i need to power it?

Ie.What power battery, what things i need to put into the circuit etc.

Midnight-I only thought hydraulics would be cool cos i love that tshhh noise lol... :oops:

Ta

Tom

Tom, if you go the electric car window way then it will obviously be 12 volt so you could power the motor with one of those power station jump start devices. These have a socket on the side which allows you to plug any 12 volt system in and run it off the mains.

Have you got your cd player already? If not why not buy one of those motorised cd's that with a press of a button pop out of the dashboard of a car. They even have remote controls. Again you could run this off the power station.

No? Oh well. Have a great New Year.

Regards

Woody

Midnight-I only thought hydraulics would be cool cos i love that tshhh noise lol...

ahhhhh.... terminology prob there young Grasshopper ;)

hydraulics = hydraulic oil is the moving force...

pneumatics (aka the kewl tshhhh noise) = compressed air is the moving force...

Midnight":1ihvffvb said:
Midnight-I only thought hydraulics would be cool cos i love that tshhh noise lol...

ahhhhh.... terminology prob there young Grasshopper ;)

hydraulics = hydraulic oil is the moving force...

pneumatics (aka the kewl tshhhh noise) = compressed air is the moving force...

And I can just imagine the flake for waking the whole house at 1:30 in the morning when the compressor cuts in to top up the tank. :shock:

thomaskennedy":2u4yocuh said:
Hi,
I want there to be a swing down door that holds the cd player on....again simple enough...but....i want to be able to control that door by either a remote control, or a button/switch of some sort....

Hi,
I just saw in todays FWW an advert from AUTON Motorised Systems. They seem to have exactly what you are describing plus many other types of automated remote controlled lift...only problem is they are USA based..still surface mail from USA could be just a week or so.

Try www.auton.com

regards

Hehe....im sure my family would love the noise!! :lol: :D

Thanks for the site Beech....they have some amazing stuff on there :shock: i love the TV ones :D

I'll be going to the scrappy at the weekend to see what i can scrounge :roll:

I can't wait to get on with it :D Just need to make some plans when i find a motor :)

Ill report back on how it goes :D

Ta

Tom

Latest posts

Back