Remote Control/Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not the switch thats at fault if its the inrush current tripping it. I had this with my Jet dust extractor, tripped every other time or so. I upgraded the circuit breaker (assume a breaker not a fuse?) to a 'C' curve instead of a 'B' and never had a problem since. You might like to check with an electrician first as you will be altering the protection on a circuit.

Its not the switch thats at fault if its the inrush current tripping it. I had this with my Jet dust extractor, tripped every other time or so. I upgraded the circuit breaker (assume a breaker not a fuse?) to a 'C' curve instead of a 'B' and never had a problem since. You might like to check with an electrician first as you will be altering the protection on a circuit.
Yeah. It was my sparky chum who reckons it's the fuse in the switch receiver that's blown. Prob not quite rated for the larger demand of the new extractor. The consumer unit is fine - again, my tame sparky chum...

I was wondering if anyone know of a similar unit with a higher capacity - there are so many out there that it's a little bewildering.

Many thanks for your reply!

Sorry are you saying the fuse within the remote itself is going?
If so get your friendly sparks to wire it into the starter coil for the DOL starter (Presuming the dust extractor has one)

Wiring the remote into the DOL (magnetic) contractor may not be possible with a simple plug in remote. You need a remote with both NO and NC contacts. You need the NC contacts to remotely turn it off.
That said the link to the remote webpage shows that it is hard wired with one NO contact so there is no DOL contractor (or it has been bypassed).
There is a past thread where it lays out how to set a wireless remote to a DOL contractor. If I can find it I’ll post it.

Back