Remini, AI Photo Enhancer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandyn

Established Member
Reaction score
I found this web site for enhancing images. I have many old scanned family pictures which are a bit blurry, I tried a few images and at first was really surprised at how good it was, but then started to see the serious flaws in how it works.
It's still a really interesting program. It seems to work best on portraits which are reasonably sharp If the image has too much blur, Remini gets it all wrong, suddenly you have a very sharp image, but not the same person as in the original image. It makes faces look too 'beautiful' for my liking and often gets the eyes and mouth all wrong. I enhanced a group picture of four people. One was my sister. Picture from the 60's. At first I was really astounded by the amount of detail, in some of the faces, but with my sister's image, it wasn't her. It seems to have blended faces into the image. One girl had a man's face.
Overall, I would never use it for archive material, but for fun enhancement, it's a really great program. Well worth having a play with.

I found this web site for enhancing images. I have many old scanned family pictures which are a bit blurry, I tried a few images and at first was really surprised at how good it was, but then started to see the serious flaws in how it works.
It's still a really interesting program. It seems to work best on portraits which are reasonably sharp If the image has too much blur, Remini gets it all wrong, suddenly you have a very sharp image, but not the same person as in the original image. It makes faces look too 'beautiful' for my liking and often gets the eyes and mouth all wrong. I enhanced a group picture of four people. One was my sister. Picture from the 60's. At first I was really astounded by the amount of detail, in some of the faces, but with my sister's image, it wasn't her. It seems to have blended faces into the image. One girl had a man's face.
Overall, I would never use it for archive material, but for fun enhancement, it's a really great program. Well worth having a play with.
I use Topaz sharpen AI and it does an amazing job recovering motion blur, missed focus and general softness. It’s not free of course

I use Topaz sharpen AI

I have an older version of the Topaz suite and it is very good, I haven't been able to try sharpen AI. It won't run on my PC.
Remini seemed to be way better than anything I had seen before. You know what they say, if something looks too good to be true...it probably is. Remini goes a step too far, just replacing detail with what it thinks should be there, but ends up looking totally unnatural. You also have to sell your soul to the devil to be able to download the corrected images.

Latest posts

Back