Remanufactured toner cartridges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobblycogs

Established Member
Reaction score
The toner is starting to run low on my laser printer and after buying a Domino I'm feeling a bit poor so I'm tempted to get some remanufactured toner cartridges this time. Anyone here got any experience of these? The price makes me think they are perhaps a bit too good to be true. The printers a Xerox 6140DN if that helps.

I tried one but did not perform very well - after a while it spread toner all over the page - I cannot remember the make?

Went back to original HP and have had no problems since.

Rod

used a lot at a couple of work places- one a massive highstreet retailer, the other a global manufacturer and they were successful- so much so that we banned OEM cartridges completely. The savings were huge. They were Office Depot own brand and were running predominantly on HP printers.

I use them and mostly there fine. I have had one (eBay brought) which has been a PITA and one that was leaking constantly. I use more inks http://www.moreinks.co.uk/Index.aspx now and have a great service/customer service and choose of budget and primer toners.

The quality seems the same as canon branded ones to me. After all you don't run a laser to print high quality photos. I purposely sort out a printer that had compatible toner carts available at lower prices with higher page yields.

Canon LBP5050n. Good printer, not a great printer but has network port, as good quality prints as I need (I print business cards/flyers/invoices etc), high page yield per cart, good priced carts original or compat and the printer was cheap. I know your not looking for a printer but this info may help someone.

Check whether it really is empty and not just clocked the number of copies the maker has programmed into the chip. Try googling your make and model to check.

It's not quite empty yet but I'll check when I take it out for replacement. I suspect it's actually empty though as it's done a lot of printing.

Since discovering http://www.refilltoner.com/ some years ago I've never looked back. I buy the toner and refill the cartridges myself - some for as little as £15.00. I've re-filled cartridges for several different printers including HP, Samsung and an OKI colour laser. Never had a problem and can thoroughly recommend them.

regards

Brian

I got one for my HP printer only the other day from Sainsbugs ...black one £11.25 original one was £16.00 so i saved some money ...works a treat so far :D

Back