Rededa Vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyArgo

Reaction score
I see plenty stuff online re Rededa No.2 vices but nothing on a No.3 which I have. Is it rare or useless?

Sandy

I don't know the range, but it's likely that a no 3 is bigger than a no 2, making it more useful, assuming it's in decent condition and you have room for it.

I don't think there is any special value as a collectable beyond its value to use. Then again, an oldish lump of Sheffield's finest will generally see any user out.

They range in price from £10 to £80.
Red is the common colour. If you find a Blue or a green look for Government markings.

The quick release spring can break, but they also can be repaired.

They are a good vice, does your have the ends of the handle removable?

My one is red and I use it on my bench, so I'll leave it for my heirs to keep or sell. Handle seems to be all one piece, no join visible between knobs and spindle.

Thank you for such prompt advice

Regards

SandyArgo

AndyT":291hw127 said:
I don't know the range, but it's likely that a no 3 is bigger than a no 2, making it more useful, assuming it's in decent condition and you have room for it.

I don't think there is any special value as a collectable beyond its value to use. Then again, an oldish lump of Sheffield's finest will generally see any user out.

Thank you for prompt advice.

Regards

SandyArgo

Latest posts

Back