Rededa No.2 vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyefxr

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this vice just before the first lock down. The vice is a monster to say the least with a 12 inch opening and huge jaw plates. The quick release is missing and the half nut is held in place by a hand carved bit of wood. It works perfectly but i want put back to its normal.
I an going to try and make a quick release mechanism as i can't find any spares anywhere.
Can someone tell me the original colour of this vice and what type of paint is used.
I will be selling it after as it's to big for my shed, i would just like to give it another life as it is real beauty.

don't see a picture of 'this vice' -- woodworking I assume?

Rededa were made in Sheffield from about 1930s to 1970s (?).

original colour red of course (a bright post-box red).

alternative to making a QR would be to salvage one from a similar sized, but otherwise broken (eg cracked casting) Record, Woden or Parkinson ( Rdeda did patent at least two alternative types of QR but their QR vices were mostly the same as the others (patented by Parkinson 1880).

PIcture attached.
This is not mine but it is the same, plus condition. Like mine the quick release is missing though that should be put right this afternoon. I can also see that i need Red paint, just got to find some now.

Attachments

• rededa.png
    rededa.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back