Recycling box covers ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing all the plastic and card board blowing around this morning I've finally decided enough is enough. The supplied lids are pathetic and dont clip on. I've seen elasticated nets that go around the top for around £5 each but am wondering if theres another option I'm overlooking. If the council had supplied decent boxes with proper secure clips(think really box) there would be much less carnage on windy days. I even used a brick on top of the supplied lid but gave up with that after finding the lid smashed to pieces 100 or so yards down the road.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At least you've got a box... For cardboard, tins, and plastic we have essentially mini builders merchant tonne bags with a pantsy flap on top to hopefully keep the stuff in. The kicker, they won't accept wet cardboard and these bags get drenched even in a light shower, in heavy winds the flap opens up easily and stuff is strewn everywhere including the bag even though it's weighted.

We used to only have to fill two separate bags a few months ago, a black bin bag for rubbish and an orange one for any recycling, now we've got 6 separate boxes and bags to keep around the place.

_109483423_pembsbinsbbc.jpg

Rorschach":30jiw966 said:
Yeah, a proper wheelie bin.
My wheelie bin for the rubbish rubbish even blew over today !

Trevanion":2fme8s65 said:
At least you've got a box... For cardboard, tins, and plastic we have essentially mini builders merchant tonne bags with a pantsy flap on top to hopefully keep the stuff in. The kicker, they won't accept wet cardboard and these bags get drenched even in a light shower, in heavy winds the flap opens up easily and stuff is strewn everywhere including the bag even though it's weighted.

We used to only have to fill two separate bags a few months ago, a black bin bag for rubbish and an orange one for any recycling, now we've got 6 separate boxes and bags to keep around the place.

_109483423_pembsbinsbbc.jpg
Its getting a bit bonkers isn't it. I've got no issue with sorting and storing the stuff for recycling, it's the rubbish they give you do the task that ruffles my feathers.

Back