Recycling Bins

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

point5clue

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_1827.JPG

Not a work of great carpentry, but looks better than the plastic boxes it replaces. I posted in the finishing forum about putting clear varnish on top of wood stain.

Top and sides are Wickes finest softwood 19mm plywood edged with pine. Boxes are 5mm hardwood plywood.

This is my first post of something I've made - I might post a couple of other things I've made in the past if the laughter about this project isn't too loud.

View attachment 130853

Not a work of great carpentry, but looks better than the plastic boxes it replaces. I posted in the finishing forum about putting clear varnish on top of wood stain.

Top and sides are Wickes finest softwood 19mm plywood edged with pine. Boxes are 5mm hardwood plywood.

This is my first post of something I've made - I might post a couple of other things I've made in the past if the laughter about this project isn't too loud.
Don't hear anyone laughing - looks great. I'm not showing it to my wife otherwise that's my weekend plans out the window !

Does the job thats just fine then!

About the sharp top corner near the door does it catch your thigh as you go through the doorway and need removing like the other end of the top?

Does the job thats just fine then!

About the sharp top corner near the door does it catch your thigh as you go through the doorway and need removing like the other end of the top?

Both corners are clipped the same. It looks worse in the photo that it is - only about 1cm proud of the door frame - but I've left it as big as I could knowing that it would be easy to rip more off if needed.

Both corners are clipped the same. It looks worse in the photo that it is -

fundamental rule of woodworking - once you take a picture of something and then look at the picture, it always looks worse. I don't know why that is - not kidding, either!! Translates to when someone does actually post work that's perfect looking even in a photo, unless they've hidden something, it would really be stunning in person.

Being new here I have a question. I noticed there’s a picture of the last thing you made post on the general forum. Would it be fair to say that this place is better suited for a more involved post and the other one just the odd photo of something to document it?

Well done👍

Being new here I have a question. I noticed there’s a picture of the last thing you made post on the general forum. Would it be fair to say that this place is better suited for a more involved post and the other one just the odd photo of something to document it?
Yes.... any longer posts, especially work in progress is best in the projects section, questions get answered quickest in the general woodwork section ( unless as you found its specific to finishing etc )

Latest posts

Back