Record tspp250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyshins

Reaction score
Hi, I am watching a record tspp250 with extra table and sliding carriage, just wondered if they are a good saw? And what kind of money they are worth?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
James

Don't have one but have looked at them closely before, and I do have a record BS500 and their 4000 extractor. I think they are very good indeed for the money. They tend to hold value quite well - if you got it for say 65% of the new price (assuming it's been well cared for) I'd say you would be doing very well, and also it would probably re-sell later at hardly any loss at all. That's like renting it for free =D>

I had one a while back, it looked good, but sadly that's were it ended.
badly misaligned sliding carriage, unable to adjust it properly. The pull saw action was poor.
As was the blade tilt & rise & fall which kept breaking as the worm drive was can you believe it Plastic in two pieces.
I sold it after 2 months. Best thing I ever did imho.

A couple of good points good smooth tables with good joining. And the fence was OK.

There's been a few threads on here & other forum saying much the same.

there will be some owners who seem happy with theirs, but I'm not one of them.

Hmmm strange this one I had one for quite a few months used by me a lot and never had a problem but when I sold it on the guy who bought it got rid after two weeks on the fleabay, he said he couldnt get a straight cut with it and pieces kept falling off,I had no problems at all and have used lots of saws this wasnt anywhere near the worst one.

Back