record t/saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
i got talking to a chap who said he had a record saw for sale its the one with the alu /top with a 12" blade i have tried the google search ect but no joy ,do any of you lads and lass know anything about this saw ie( table size motor ect) or a web site i can go to. i dont want to go and look at it not knowing any info or the price when new. thanks inadvance .

frank

cd thanks that must be the one but it gives no info .mike i tried records site but it only shows the latest model ie c/iron . i wont see the bloke till next week so i will keep looking , i was hoping someone on the group might have one .

frank

I think I recall Philly selling one some a few months ago on somewhere on this forum

cd

forget it - its a LUTZ and their rubbish !@#$ I had the multi-saw/thicknesser/planer/router. I gave it back to the dealer after 2 weeks not accurate, or even strong = very weak motors though they were induction motors.But overall it got a -5 from me

Frank
Try searching for Record Select RSTS12-it is a nice little saw-sliding table, 1.6kW induction motor, nice capacities. If you can get one for a good price you won't be disappointed! (I paid £395 for mine and the extra side extension table was £45)
hope this helps
Philly :D

up date on the saw ,it was a rsts 12 the guy said he got it at a show for just under £400 about two years ago he hadn't used it much and wanted £340 for it :roll: at £380 brand new i think i might be getting one after crimbo (i hope )

philly whats the tilt like ,trying to get a mitre on my clarke t/saw is a job and a half .

whats the saw like have you done a revue on it , i know i dont arf go on :roll:

frank

Frank,
I recently sold the saw to another member of this forum, but my experiences were good!
As to mitres, the tilt is great, definitely more reliable than the Clarke.
I had a lot of good use out of the saw, it is a good step up from the £100 bench top models, and the tables are a good size. (the sliding table is darn handy too-get rid of your mitre saw!
regards
Philly :D

thanks philly , the boss said she might get it for me after xmas ?i think she wants to see what i get her first :?

frank

Latest posts

Back