Record Scroll 26 ScrollSaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodythepecker

Established Member
Reaction score
A few years ago i fancied getting into scrollsawing and Intarsia as a hobby and so i bought a Record Power "Scroll 26" scrollsaw. The 3 models at the time were the Scroll 16, 20 and 26, the number being the length of the table.

One thing led to another and it ended up standing in the corner.

Then in the last month or so i have started messing about with it again and SWMBO has also taken an interest in it, so because it has not been used in a while i want to give it a bit of a service. The only trouble is i cannot find the manual that came with it.

I have tried Google, but there is not one mention about it or the other 2 models. Does anyone know where i can get a copy?

While on the subject has anyone else owned or used this model before? Although i only paid £100 for it (reduced from £425 because the place was closing down) i believe that it was not a bad scrollsaw in its day.

It is variable speed and a heavy beast, but unlike most i have seen the motor is built into a big stand underneath the saw, which in a way could be a downside if you had a small workshop, because if you wanted to unbolt the saw from the stand the motor would not come with it.

Any other information or tips would be great.

Regards

Woody

Hi Woody

I've never used a Record saw so I can't offer much advice about that particular make. You might find Rick's Scrollsaw quite useful if you're going to dismantle your saw because he has exploded diagrams for other machines. Although these diagrams won't be directly relevant to your Record, they may still be of use.

So long as your saw hasn't been stored anywhere damp and the tension on the main spring has been released whilst it's been in storage, I doubt you'll find it needs much more attention than a drop of light oil to the arm pivot points.

Gill

Woody

have you tried the Record Power web site, I think they have a section regarding manuals, if not give them a call, my understanding is that they are very helpful.

Gill, thank you for the info. lucky enough i did release the main spring a few years ago.

I dusted it off and oiled all the main parts this afternoon, so it looks like the service is complete.

Waka, thanks for the advice. I had a look on their website but i cannot see anything about scroll saws at all. It doesn't matter now anyway because i just wanted to see what sort of maintainance it needed and Gill has helped me with that.

Regards

Woody

Back