Record rsbs12 bandsaw tire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hello again gents.

my toy has broke :cry:

the bottom wheel tire was cracking when i bought the bandsaw secondhand, so i ordered a few bits from Record with the tire (106 part#) being one of them but there on back order and don't know when they will be getting them, this was 2 weeks ago, phoned them again today but still they don't know.

the tire is 855x20x2.5mm dose anyone have one laying around or know where one is in stock.

with the beckham, starrite and a few others all looking the same i was wondering if anyone knew for sure of another make that will fit so i can order one from local tool stop.

thanks for your help, again, gents.

oh whilst on the bandsaw, i have had 4 blade made up for the saw, the old one that can with it was sweet sounding but the new one chatter as the weld area hits the back roller, is this normal or bad blades, i have noticed on another thread that some one with a 14tpi blade cut sweet with very little, if any, saw marks, when cheeks with one of my new 14tpi blades the cut looks like the saw blade with loads of cut marks.
should i find a new supplier?

and again thanks :D

All together now..... Dure Edge!! \:D/ :D

That's the place for blades (and good advice)

Hi Phil

I don't know how keen you are to get your machine up and running again but it's worth considering making your own tyre. If you have a local rubber supplier (yellow pages) they can supply all sorts of rubber products. An engineering friend of mine who used to make bandsaw kits Sergent by name always said he used shotblast rubber, anyway, if you go that way scarf cut a joint so as to get a long glue edge, and use superglue, something like Zap from a proper modelling shop, not the mickey mouse rubbish from the newsagent, it should work fine and be a lot cheaper.

Cheers Alan

Woody Alan":oq434nbi said:
Hi Phil

I don't know how keen you are to get your machine up and running again but it's worth considering making your own tyre. If you have a local rubber supplier (yellow pages) they can supply all sorts of rubber products. An engineering friend of mine who used to make bandsaw kits Sergent by name always said he used shotblast rubber, anyway, if you go that way scarf cut a joint so as to get a long glue edge, and use superglue, something like Zap from a proper modelling shop, not the mickey mouse rubbish from the newsagent, it should work fine and be a lot cheaper.

Cheers Alan
i was thinking along them lines.
i was going to use inner tube in 2 layers with the join off set and the 2 layers glued with rubber solution glue.

it my hold until record get some tires in.
give it a go i guess :D

Back