Record PT260 planer thicknesser questions/parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tovtm

Reaction score
Hello I have recently purchased a record pt260 (green). Hardly been used by the carpenter I brought it off although 4years old he only used it for a few jobs then went into his garage which hasn't been touched for the past 2-3years.

Condition is brilliant but he's lost a few things 1 being the rise and fall handle and spindle for the thicknessing table. 2nd is the wheel kit and 3rd the dust extraction hood that takes the extraction hose.

So my questions are dose anyone have spare wheel kit they don't use. And has anyone made a aftermarket dust hood that works well?

The wheel kit on the pt260 is junk make your own as for the dust hood it needs to engage the micro switch for the machine to work so making one would be a problem in my mind don't think the part would be expensive from record power

Just a flat piece of wood with lockable casters for a base?
I have the part of the hood that rotates from thicknesser bed to planer on the outfeed table that engages the micro switch as I've used both planing and thicknessing to adjust the tables and thickness readout.

boschboy":2ef054rz said:
The wheel kit on the pt260 is junk make your own as for the dust hood it needs to engage the micro switch for the machine to work so making one would be a problem in my mind don't think the part would be expensive from record power

+1

I removed the wheel kit, chopped the legs down a bit and mounted on a board with locking casters, much better.

Latest posts

Back