Record? Project completed in 3 days!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
We had part of the family over on sunday for a barbeque, no harm in that, but then Bronwyn looks though a book of wooden toy designs. :? So I get a commission. :shock: Barbie needs a picnic table. 8-[ Well of course grandad just can't refuse. :roll:
So here is the timber machined up from the scraps left over from making folding chairs.
Dscn3617s.jpg

Assemble progressed quite quickly. 8)
Dscn3623s.jpg

I did have to make a jig for repeat drilling of the 1mm holes for the small nails I used to reinforce the joints with. (Its OK Tony didn't have the © on this one :eek: )
Dscn3626s.jpg

When I got to fitting the legs the new bench came into is own, clamping into the centre well was very useful.
Dscn3632s.jpg

The tricky bit was fixing the seat bars on to the legs and then adding the braces, but spacers saved the day and the table was completed.
Dscn3633s.jpg

A quick coat of oil, it will have two more before delivery and I think its looks quite smart. \:D/
Dscn3637s.jpg

I don't think I will be going in to production as the tuit box looks a bit bare. :-({|=

Nice table but I would have made it from pink ivory or brazilian purpleheart as all Barbie's things are pink :wink:

Jason

P.S. don't forget the hole for the sun shade!

jasonB":19cusw44 said:
I would have made it from pink ivory

Sorry I don't do PINK :lol:

jasonB":19cusw44 said:
P.S. don't forget the hole for the sun shade!

and even a grandad has to draw the line somewhere, I am not making a sun shade. :shock:

Ahhh, that's nice. How long before someone suggests you make them a full size one in three days...? 8-[ :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Dang [-X . I will not show this to my 6 year old daughter oh no [-(

Ohterwize I will be have to make one too, and I have no scraps laying arround :oops:

Man that is nice :mrgreen:

McLuma

It looks good, Dave. If I was just a couple of years younger, I'd be in the market for one of those :whistle: :oops: .

Gill

A Corker Dave
and likewise my daughters will not be allowed to see your post, I don't think I have your patience

Bean

Dave, Sweet of you to do it....Luckily I don't have any girls still left at home to see it...and want one. I did have a thought when I saw the completed pic. That could be a marketable item there.....as is for the little ladies or with a bit of support and a hole in the center to fit a nice size flowerpot for the older ladies.....
Lin

Back