Record Power

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Wanting to share the excellent service I’ve again received from Record Power, maybe anyone weighing up different options when choosing kit to purchase, this will be useful.

I’ve recently purchased my fourth Record Power machine, which had a small fault caused in transit (damaged plug, no big deal, however my contract is with the retailer, and my expectation was that they put it right)

After several conversations with the retailer, via emails and phone calls, sending photos of the damage to the part and the box, I was informed each time they would get back to me and they would sort it out, I eventually spoke with Record Power direct to enquire if the damage was indeed as the stockist had told me, an issue with the packing on the item.

Record Power confirmed they were aware of a small number of this machine having had their plugs damaged, and they were actively seeking a solution with their manufacturers. However, Steve at RP sorted this promptly, without me needing to send any further emails or pictures, and new plug arrived today. Very kindly included a replacement part for my lathe, which was not a fault of theirs but rather my clumsiness, at no cost and took the time to talk me through how to change it. Thank you Steve, much appreciated.

This is not the first time I’ve contacted RP, (technical guidance, product availability, tech info, spares ) and on each occasion, I’ve found them to be excellent, I’d call it an ‘ old school ‘ approach to after sales service. They practice good service, and am sure they properly understand how this drives repeat business, and word of mouth praise which drives new business. It’s to easy in the race to be the cheapest, and for consumers to seek the cheapest for this to be over looked.

This is a key reason why I am now on my fourth piece of RP machinery, I trust them to do what is right for the customer. Yes, the five year warranty and the build quality are also important factors ( I like the green too ) but essentially I have a confidence with them that continues to grow.

In case anyone is wondering, I am still awaiting the retailer to get back to me with a solution, 2 weeks on, which is a real shame, as it’s been a fav’ destination over the years. Reviews for their online ordering business do highlight after sales service is lacking and hit and miss, in my case, at present, it’s MIA.

Great to see this from Record Power. Things do go wrong and it’s how they get put right that is a true measure of the organisation.

Shame the retailer doesn’t realise that!

Very much my experience with a faulty remote for the air filter machine - spoke to them at 1400, replacement arrived the following day. In fairness Yandles, the supplier, was helpful and advised direct contact with Record.

I can give a thumbs up to this thread. I had an issue with the blade jacking screws on my new PT310 planer thicknesser being a bit chewed up. Which makes levelling replacement blades a nightmare. But Record Power have sent me some replacement screws in the post. That, after they had sent me three new blades when I noticed that one of the three factory blades had a nick in it. That's the kind of service which draws customers back and gains new customers.

Also had excellent service from them, the motor on my Coronet Herald started to screech, 20ish months old. Spoke to technical services and sent video, they collected by courier next day and sent replacement within a week.

As people have said, sometimes things go wrong, it is then the quality of the backup that often falls down, but not with Record Power. It's this that'll encourage me to buy further products in their range when needed.

Very much my experience with a faulty remote for the air filter machine - spoke to them at 1400, replacement arrived the following day. In fairness Yandles, the supplier, was helpful and advised direct contact with Record.
I have this machine and issue as well. The remote doesn't seem to work unless it's around 2 foot from the machine, which makes it completely pointless! How far away is it supposed to work?

I’ve had a similar experience with their service too, mine dating back to just before the pandemic.
I bought one of their larger bandsaws (still have it) and couldn’t quite get it connected to the lift and roll stand so that it would move smoothly. This turned out to be a combination of my error and minor issue with design but as I didn’t live too far from them at the time, they suggested I pop in and they put a display one together for me, which I could copy at home.

I have this machine and issue as well. The remote doesn't seem to work unless it's around 2 foot from the machine, which makes it completely pointless! How far away is it supposed to work?

My issue was that the remote wasn't sending any signal . . . but you're right, the remote has to be within a couple of feet of the button panel and aligned to work (my box is attached to the ceiling and I'm tall enough to reach the buttons so now don't often use the remote)

I had that machine too, but sent it back for that same fault - tried 2 remotes but both were very flakey. Replaced it with an Axminster machine (which has an RF remote rather than IR) and thats better - but still needs to be within a foot or two of the machine to work!

Thumbs up from me too - quick solution to a broken bracket on my sander. New part in the post the next day and advice on how to fit it. I have just purchased the AC400 air filter based on my experience.

Latest posts

Back