Record Power TSPP250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeroseven

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't quite get my blade to 45 degrees, its about half a degree short. Very annoying. A simple adjustment I'm sure, but My manual is incomplete and Record Power can't help. I've loosed anything that looks as if it may be a 'stop' but to no avail. Anybody have a manual or remember how to make the adjustment?
Thank you!

Are you using the indicator on the machine ? if so it may not give a true reading, one of those little digital angle indicators may help. Check that there is no build up of debris stopping full movement .
No idea if the above will help in any way but might be worth a try:)

Found this on the forum , prob not related but thought I would mention it ,if you look at the picture there is a pin/button near a rack and pinion type fitting , could this effect the saw reaching 45’

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/tspp250-table-saw-anyone-tell-me-what-this-is-for.118959/
Deffo 2nd the angle finder as above or cut two pieces of wood at nearest you can get to 45’ and check to see if it comes out at 90’ ( I’m sure you done that though )

Are you using the indicator on the machine ? if so it may not give a true reading, one of those little digital angle indicators may help. Check that there is no build up of debris stopping full movement .
No idea if the above will help in any way but might be worth a try:)

No! Using a digital inclinometer zeroed to the cast iron bed and checking with an engineers square. Thanks for the link to the other thread, I've never found what the spring loaded knob is for either. It doesn't connect or contact to anything.
Record Power have been responsive but unable to help (I'm staggered they don't have a manual!). I'm probably going to sell it. It's a fantastic saw for general work but just not quite accurate enough for what I'm now attempting.

Found this on the forum , prob not related but thought I would mention it ,if you look at the picture there is a pin/button near a rack and pinion type fitting , could this effect the saw reaching 45’

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/tspp250-table-saw-anyone-tell-me-what-this-is-for.118959/
Deffo 2nd the angle finder as above or cut two pieces of wood at nearest you can get to 45’ and check to see if it comes out at 90’ ( I’m sure you done that though )

That ref link was from me. I’ve had my tspp250 in complete bits because of several common issues with this machine and, apart from the bl**dy fence, I now have it running properly including the pull blade function.

I‘ve definitely written on this forum about how I solved my own 45 issue (the one you have) but I can’t find it through the search function. I think I may have written it as a PM with another gentleman who PM’d me about his machine…..does anyone know if the site stores our own PM texts?….

The problem is…….I can’t really remember 🤔 exactly but I’ll try to give it a go here…..

Basically, my base was not square (on plan) which meant that the load bearing runners (front and back of the machine) were not parallel and so the further you increased the tilt resulted in the runners getting slightly further apart which then noticeably increased the friction AND threw out both the angle and parallel-ness of the blade to the cast iron top. It also meant (I’m struggling to recall exactly sorry) that I was also not able to reach 45 degrees.

Another thing…Those ‘runners’ are plastic toothed paths that carry cogs that take the whole weight of the machine and I eventually found that as the ‘friction’ increased, one of the cogs (can’t remember which) could ’slip’ meaning that, for example, the front runner might have the cog on the 10th tooth but the rear could then be on the 9th/11th…..you can then imagine that the whole mechanism cannot be parallel.

Long story short - managed to square up the base by literally taking it to bits and re drilling holes (including the diagonal bracing) and refitting. This meant that the runners were then parallel and aligned in their respective teeth.

Happy to chat if you want more info (if I can remember, sorry)….PM me perhaps?

Awsome , hope the OP can use your info

Poss could find the msg you sent by looking at the msg section ( envelope) and ‘show all’ , not sure how long they are saved for though

I do like this forum with great replies and help

Hi, I have a pdf of the manual if you would like it. Not sure of the best way to get it to you though as I cannot work out how to send private messages since the forum changed.

Hi, I have a pdf of the manual if you would like it. Not sure of the best way to get it to you though as I cannot work out how to send private messages since the forum changed.
Hi, could you send it to me aswell? I never fitted the sliding carriage and now when I want to I can't find the manual.
Thanks

Back