• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Record Power TS2 Sliding Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Chippyjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
The point is that you are talking about an implausible scenerio as a means of supporting your contrariness. I am left with the very strong impression that you have never used a dado head - because if you had you would have a greater understanding of its' strengths and weaknesses and also of the potential hazards surrounding its' use - instead nada, nothing constructive; you don't seem to have much understanding of handling large, heavy sheet materials, either - do you seriously think it feasible to man handle 250 oversize sheets of 75kg plywood across a saw?

This is borne out by the following comment:

Again, 250 sheets x 75kg, or a tad under 19 tonnes. Yes, I'm sure someone will want to man handle that. Not me, though. In the last two days I have measured, cut and fixed just over 1.5 tonnes of fire rated flooring. Granted no board was moved more than about 30 feet, and the boards were a mere 46kg each, but with even that small amount I was cream crackered - good job I had an easy afternoon today. And you think passing 19 tonnes over a saw is doable. What the blazes are you on?

Then you talk about taking two passes to make a wider cut. So, having used your FLT to load the sheet onto your saw, done the required test cuts to ensure that the trench is in the right place, you then push the first sheet across the saw making a 15.5mm trench (you can't use the sliding carraige for the full cut because it is too short and in any case doesn't have the 3.2metre/10ft stroke you need to make the full cut on it). Having made the first cut, you then lug the sheet off the saw and take it back to the front of the saw, where, before you finish the cut to full width you need to reset the rip fence to get that extra bit of width. Of course you then need to load the sheet again and make the 2nd cut, hoping to hell that the fence is now in the right place (because, of course, the fence rule is only graduated in 1mm increments and rip fences don't feature detents or fixed stops unless you have a digital rip fence). Then you have the problem of getting the rip fence back to its' start position. This again can be ever so slightly inaccurate (unless you have a digital rip fence, again) And if you know anything about housings, it should be obvious that as soon as you move the fence that accuracy goes out the window - housings need to be a snug fit, not too tight and never sloppy.

All I can say us don't give up the day job - but if you are in construction or manufacturing, maybe you should consider it

So instead of all this attempted point scoring, do you think you could manage a positive contribution to this discussion so we can get things back on track?

Wowser.

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
So instead of all this attempted point scoring, do you think you could manage a positive contribution to this discussion so we can get things back on track?
This is the funniest post I'd read on here yet.

NEVER going to happen :ROFLMAO: Tiddles is the reason the word Obstinate was invented. :ROFLMAO:

TheTiddles

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the funniest post I'd read on here yet.

NEVER going to happen :ROFLMAO: Tiddles is the reason the word Obstinate was invented. :ROFLMAO:
Apologies, he’s ended up on my Jacob list so I can’t see his posts anymore

JobandKnock

Amateur curmudgeon
Reaction score
Personally I am waiting to see the Tik-Tok video where Tiddles attempts to bench press a 10 x 4ft x 1in thick sheet of plywood...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this saw, But cannot find any reviews on the internet. Could you give an update on how your getting on with it and how it performs.

Thanks in advance

Bristol_Rob

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting this saw, But cannot find any reviews on the internet. Could you give an update on how your getting on with it and how it performs.

Thanks in advance
I was hoping that dust control was going to be better.
But I'm not sure what to compare it to.
I have a festool vac setup on the crown guard and a dedicated HVLP on the saw.
It's not bad - but I guess I was hoping it would be better 🤷‍♂️

Other than that - it's solid, accurate, safe to use. I did the pound coin balance trick on the cast table and run the saw - nothing, which to be honest I was expecting that. But good to see the heavy duty-ness working as expected.

It's a 4hp motor - nothing has slowed it down.
The scoring blade came perfectly setup from the factory and makes cutting ply etc a real treat - beautiful cut edges with no tear out.

I've made a Fritz & Franz jig - which makes cutting little pieces of timber really safe to do. Defo make one of those if you get this saw 😉

Do you have any questions in particular?

Reaction score
I was hoping that dust control was going to be better.
But I'm not sure what to compare it to.
I have a festool vac setup on the crown guard and a dedicated HVLP on the saw.
It's not bad - but I guess I was hoping it would be better 🤷‍♂️

Other than that - it's solid, accurate, safe to use. I did the pound coin balance trick on the cast table and run the saw - nothing, which to be honest I was expecting that. But good to see the heavy duty-ness working as expected.

It's a 4hp motor - nothing has slowed it down.
The scoring blade came perfectly setup from the factory and makes cutting ply etc a real treat - beautiful cut edges with no tear out.

I've made a Fritz & Franz jig - which makes cutting little pieces of timber really safe to do. Defo make one of those if you get this saw 😉

Do you have any questions in particular?

Thanks for the reply

How loud is the machine, ive got a makita site saw and that is extremly loud, was looking for something quieter and more accurate.

Was there much set up in involved and do you know what size the pallet it come on was as ive got to fit it down the side of my house to the workshop. Ive tried to find these things out but there doesn't seem to be any info in the internet. Some more pictures would be great as no where near me has one to look at.

Ashley

JobandKnock

Amateur curmudgeon
Reaction score
Any induction motor is going to be miles quieter than a universal motor of the type normally fitted to portable saws. The noisr from rhe blade will be much the same, however