Record Power RSDE/2A opinions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not very good for the heavy volume shavings coming out of a thicknesser, will just clog up the filter in seconds. Would work quite well on the smaller tools with finer dusts though like saws, sanders, handheld planers etc.

High volume low pressure extraction is best for wood shavings off planers and moulders etc. Low volume high pressure is best for finer dusts.

People make the same mistake all the time with large extraction units, put in too many too small filter bags because they give a higher pressure rating but they can't handle the chips off planers etc and clog up.

Have you dismissed the DX1000 or RSDE1? I've got a DX1000 and use it for my thicknesser and bandsaw, for which it copes just fine. I keep meaning to get the small hose attachment so I can use it with my router and sander (still using my titan vac for those at the moment).

I've just looked at the online instruction manual for the DX1000 and on section 9, the RSDE/2A is only 'recommended' for Bandsaws, Circ saws and sanders. Seems a bit strange .

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 79
Hmm. I thought the RSDE2 was just a better version than the others? Bigger and with more accessories?

But the most important thing is that it does a good job with the thicknesser.

Unfortunately I dont have any space for anything bigger than these can type things.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

GrahamF":27lvrzmc said:
transatlantic":27lvrzmc said:
GrahamF":27lvrzmc said:
If you have a bit of wall space, I found one of these worked well with my PT260 and not too expensive.

https://www.poolewood.co.uk/product/cha ... ctor-w685/[/quote

I was looking for something portable really.

It has wheels as well but obviously bigger footprint than the canisters.

Having thought about it a little more, I think having that type of bag would actually be more convinient. You can see when it's full and it would be much easier to take to the outside bins(than carrying a heavy cannister).

Whats puttng me off though, is the mixed opinions. someone on here picked up the Axminster one and said it was awful.

comparing the specs between the Charnwood machines :

https://www.charnwood.net/products/prod ... athway-109
1.5Hp, 53 l/s, £120

https://www.charnwood.net/products/prod ... athway-109
1Hp, 236 l/s £190

So on the outset, the W685 does seem better. Quieter and has more air flow. So what is the catch?

No Catch, the first link is a dust extractor for bench tools whereas the 685 is low pressure high volume for a PT or saw. I found the 685 worked OK on one tool with about 4m hose but is at the bottom end of extractors. More powerful = bigger footprint, noisier and more expensive. I find the noise from my 2 HP W691 annoying in a small workshop and considering selling it off and getting 2 x 685, one each for the PT and saw which never run at the same time.
Charnwood items usually cheaper via Poolwood.

Back