record power rpbs12 bandsaw parts needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshcoast

Reaction score
Hi all been a lurker here for a while always managed t find the answers iv looked for from previous posts but not this time, ive recently purchased a second hand record rpbs12 bandsaw im trying to find replacement parts for it but cant seem to get any luck with record themselves they only have parfs for the newer models, im looking for the blade guides but record only have upgrade kits which cost more than i payed for the saw i also need rip fences which are also an upgrade my question is does anyone know where i can get original
pparts from or are there any other models that would have parts to fit any help greatly appreciated

Do you have any blade guides fitted at all? If yes, why do they need replacing? If you do have one/two could you put up some photos. Why I ask is that if they are the same or similar to the RPBS14 then they should not be too difficult for someone to replicate.

I used to have same bandsaw, I upgraded the blade guide assembly, including upper and lower guides all in around £70.00. Raised max cut height by approx 1” also.

Bought from
https://www.bedfordsaw.co.uk/
These guys were very helpful, and I’ve used them s again a few times.

They do a few spares for Record bandsaws. I looked into changing the fence, as the OME one is poor. The best option I considered was to buy a fence from a newer Record Bandsaw, with the chrome bar, would have required a little retro fitting, however was an expensive option so I persevered with the old fence, in the end I sold the bandsaw, so didn’t take it any further.

The advice from RP technical though was that it would have been very doable.

SMALL FAR AWAY BANDSAW.jpeg

I'd not look to spend money on a fence for a wee saw like that.
One might question why it's missing, if the machine ran well with one.
Best to check how well you can get it to cut first, just using a jointed batten clamped on both sides of the table.

This system I've seen is the easiest one to make, and likely the most clever design.
Type that into youtube, and see the wooden bracket, which would be easy to knock up using the same steel as the fence.
Keile, Kreise, Kopieren mit der Bandsäge!
Screenshot-2022-1-27 Turning Broken Drill Bits Into Lathe Tools.png

Round bars complicate matters, if you want to use the machine for crosscutting, then something which can be lifted off is a plus.
Bandsaw fence antics - Copy.JPG

Hi all thanks for the responses very much appreciated i have looked in to the upgraded blade guides but really didnt want to spend that much so soon after purchasing the saw and as far as the fence record do an upgrade kit but its nearly 200 quid so deffo not going for that one its missing because the old guy i bought the saw off didnt know where it was, im still hopefull he may find it.
The blade guides have been modified in the past as the pics show so looking like ill have to bite the bullet and spend another 70 odd on the upgrade there but its deffo gonna be a homemade fence for now.
You would think a big company like record would do legacy support for their machines their spare parts are almost non existent which is a real shame..

Attachments

• 20220131_123042.jpg
    20220131_123042.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220131_123051.jpg
    20220131_123051.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220131_123106.jpg
    20220131_123106.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220131_123121.jpg
    20220131_123121.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi all been a lurker here for a while always managed t find the answers iv looked for from previous posts but not this time, ive recently purchased a second hand record rpbs12 bandsaw im trying to find replacement parts for it but cant seem to get any luck with record themselves they only have parfs for the newer models, im looking for the blade guides but record only have upgrade kits which cost more than i payed for the saw i also need rip fences which are also an upgrade my question is does anyone know where i can get original
pparts from or are there any other models that would have parts to fit any help greatly appreciated
Try bedford saws

Latest posts

Back