Record Power Remount Jaws Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunsen

Reaction score
I have just purchased a set of the large Record Power remount jaws and have a problem with the specification.
The specs and Records video show the minimum dimension in expansion mode as 53mm. I can't work out how this can be correct. I have fitted the mounts in the innermost holes and the smallest cavity these will fit is around 90mm and not the 53mm stated by record. The minimum spec for expansion mode for the smaller 200mm jaws is 95mm and , as they both fit the chuck in the same way I am thinking that the Record specs for the large jaws are incorrect, or am I missing something?

I have contacted Record who just say to watch their video which is no help at all. :cry:

Does any one know if I am doing something wrong or is the information provided by record where the fault lies. I've searched the net for suppliers of the jaws and, where stated, they all say the minimum dimension in expansion mode is 53mm .

53 mm cannot be correct, the buttons themselves are likely to be 20-25 mm diameter dependant on version, the fixing holes have got to be some distance from the inner edge of the jaws, I don't know the Record Cole jaw versions but this must be 15-20 mm at least.

Taking the minimums of the above inner fixing PCD and buttons that's got to be 50mm without the initial offset of the jaws from the centre line which is probably something like 20mm at a minimum giving an additional 40 mm to the diameter.

Regarding alternate suppliers, I suggest they are just repeating Records spec. sheet.

Thanks for the reply. I think the Record specs in their videos and on the item box are wrong. I've replied to Record with my thoughts and , so far, have not had any reply.

The large jaws give c. 53mm in contraction mode and c. 90mm in expansion (having just measured mine). Looks like a typo on the specs for the large jaws.

Looks that way. The mistake is in the online manuals and also the specs on the back of the box the parts are supplied in. Copy and paste by the writers I guess but how did it pass the proof read before publishing?

RP say their specs are correct!. Apparently that have measured the jaws on a lathe they have in HQ. I asked for a photo showing how to attach the jaws to give the stated dimensions but they said the lathe was in use and they could not provide anything.

Back