Record Power Focus Weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteSpringfield

Reaction score
I am planning to visit Yandles for the first time in the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering if anyone has a view on whether the discounts mentioned in the Record Power Focus weekend are worth having? I'm mainly after a bandsaw and have my eye on the Record BS250.

This company clearly knows what they are doing with their craft / gift / cafe presence which makes the trip an easy sale to SWMBO :)

All the best (and as newbie, offering a big thank you to all the people posting advice and guidance here which I read constantly)

I think this is a Yandles arranged weekend rather than an official one from Record Power so any discounts will be down to Yandles. At the official Record Power shows there was usually a worthwhile discount or bundle to be had.

Give them a ring and ask if there'll be any discounts on bandsaws if you're making a special trip.

I went down mid July for their last one:
- no discounts on machinery
- offer was that price was 'being held at £££'
- comment from Yandles and Record Power is that Sep. 1st will be a 10% increase across the board on Record Power machinery as they are seeing their supply costs increase hugely - that they should have done it sooner, but that they are running out slightly older stock at current prices and then new stock will be coming in at +10%
- 15% discount during the weekend on wood
- other discounts around the store
- lots of helpful Record Power and other staff demoing / chatting / etc.
- Robert Sorby were there demoing the Pro Edge and offering some package deals (no different to what can be found online)

So - fun day out, good excuse to buy wood etc. the rest of the setup is good, nice cafe and the gift shop and craft shop are both good... but don't expect to be getting much of a discount on the machinery

I recently got a Record bandsaw from Yandles, (was on back order), they held the original price for me, but I now note the prices for the same saw have gone up by around 10% if you re buying now...

Thanks for the replies, they were most helpful. I'm off to the visit next Friday and strongly suspect, I'll be returning with a significantly lighter wallet :)

All the best,

Latest posts

Back