record power DML swivel head upgrade?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joekid

Established Member
Reaction score
hello folks , ive got myself a record dml 24 mk 2, no problems here, works fine does what it says on the tin . but the limiting fixed head soon became a setback,i ordered the swivel head upgrade from powertool direct who phoned to tell me it had arrived, off i went to pick it up, the bowl rest was sealed in a record box but the swivel head was in a complete different box, and open,being in a rush i checked the parts/quick visual,paid and legged it,, on building the head i had to strip the old head of every nut bolt pin etc, to use on the new one, the thought flashed through my mind,it must be right to keep the cost down,after all who ever buys one has the remainding head anyway,hmmm ,,,right the bowl rest was sorted, the head was sorted, on it went, the vibrations were terrible, on closer inspection the head strap wasnt locking onto the bed bars, si i ground them down,hey presto perfect no more buzz, right wheres the new sticker kit?? (oh , this excercise was carried out without instructions, some thing im used to, engineering,)so i got record to send then/in a download, it was then i realized the pins bolts and a host of other stuff should have been included, and the only part i realy needed was the spacer between the head and base,(hence grinding down 5mm off the strap) and the new sticker kit,i mailed record power to let them know the missing part about a week ago now with no reply , im still waiting the spacer ive recently had made and fitted it now the spindles line up a treat, thanks John, ive let record know this and told them i only need a sticker kit/ ok its only a sticker kit but , it was after all missing, and just tarts the lath up a bit, i know a lot would have gone back, but its now running fine , and saved waiting another 3 weeks,

nice little story, bit of a lesson to be learned there for all of us i think, however alls well that ends well eh?good job you got an engineering back ground, i think others may have fell off the rails, me included! lol :roll:

yes ive let them know ,it only needs the sticker kit- twice last week ,/tuesday/they mailed me on friday to say they,d look into it this week!!?? why do they bother?how much can a sticker kit be?

Back